Home Buying – School District Issues
A good school district is a key factor in home buying if you have kids. It can also be a positive selling point when it comes time to sell your home. School Districts When considering the quality of school districts, keep in mind that everyone is looking for “good ones.” The question, of course, is what does “good” exactly mean? To a buyer with children, it means the best education on the planet. To your real estate agent, however, it may mean something much less. You must look to facts, not opinions, when evaluating potential school districts as part of your home buying process. Asking for opinions is like a girlfriend asking a boyfriend if she looks good in a particular dress. Do you really think the answer is going to be anything other than positive? The quality of a school district is found in the hard, cold facts. Issues you should consider include topics such as:
1. What is the student to teacher ratio?
2. What teaching style does the district use?
3. How much experience do the teachers have?
4. What is the turnover rate for teachers?
5. What is the drop out rate?
6. What percentages of graduates go to college?
7. Is there any history of violence on the schools?
8. Are there any reports of gangs?
9. What extra curricular activities are offered such as sports, music, etc.?
Positive Property Investments Articles
Positive Property Investments Books